DEFINING REALITY

LOVE ARTS | LOVE MUSIC | LOVE FASHION | LOVE LIFE | LOVE GOD

LOVE ARTS: My first ever inked on my skin

I really can't believe that i did it... with much anxious and worry about the pain on getting tattoo that my friend told me, i decided to gush out my juice of guts to get myself an inked. Well, after much research on the design (I'm using Sailor Jerry's arts as reference) and consideration, as well as changing the initial plan on the design, I finally decided on this...



ISAIAH 53:5 means "By His stripes, we are Healed"

Surprisingly, the process of getting it done is not pain at all but just a little itch plus a few uncomfortable stabs felt on the skin, i was a little disappointed that the tattoo is a bit lower then I've expected, but that just leave a space for me to get another tatts of the word "Cultural Mandate" at the spot where right above the cross has left.



And I'm not done yet with probably 2 black stars at the back of my shoulder supported with 2 tribal arts (I always wanted to get the tribal style of tattoo) then it'll be perfect and done. I've drawn an artist impression attached below. Hopefully, it'll be looking like this after done...


After i get this tattoo, one of my Conservative Christian friend accused me for being "worldly" or whatever that she can describe out from the bible. But with the ultimate teaching of the bible as well as the preaching from Pastor Kong about Cultural Mandate, I'm doing this to engage the culture and reach out to the lost where most of the Christians dare not to or can't to. And with the ending of this post, i want to include here a very interesting testimony.



The tattoo artist who did this tattoo for me who is a Buddhist, she is a very anti-Christianity kinda person. As she doing the tatts for me, she questioned me on whether Christian can do a tattoo or is it a taboo, but i simply answer her with what i know for not being superstitious, not religious, but daring and confident to enter to marketplace and engage the culture where the lost are in. I also share with her how i got save as well as how God has transform my life and bless me, and i told her about cultural mandate that City Harvest Church practise too. And by the end of the day, she was somehow change her mindset towards Christianity and jokingly challenge me that "if i follow her to temple, then in return she follow me to church service!" and we even exchanged phone numbers to contact each other. Thought that she won't easily accept Christ like this, but i've managed to sow a seed, planted in her heart, and i believe that, one day this seed will grown and reap in harvest!

That's the power of Cultural Mandate that we Christians shouldn't be judgmental, shouldn't be religious, superstitous, not vain and vulgar but be confident to step in the marketplace to move for God! Halelujah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment